Search This Blog

Sunday 2 June 2013

The Unfinished Book

High School, a time of maturity, when the years of innocence are at an end. When I was a middle school student, I had always looked forward to graduating, joining a varsity team, or maybe even getting a job. But freshman year has said something entirely different otherwise, I didn't' realize how people have changed so much, people you thought were your friends, people you thought you could trust. The true nature of everybody unveils before you, and to be honest, I'm not quite ready for that change. All my close friends from middle school began to grow apart, and you can't really change anything, I felt utterly powerless as one by one, my friends began to drift far, far away from me. 
At the same time, I've got other things to worry about, homework and test begin piling up like never before. Things get a lot harder especially when you've got nobody to back you up, it was fairly lonely in the first few months. But then I met my best friend, Kai Fraser, he's half Japanese, half Australian; he's the quiet and shy type, from then on, life became that much more interesting and brighter for me. We had a special type of friendship, sharing in similar interest and growing our bond everyday, It was nothing compared to the normal middle school friendships. 

I can only say this out of experience, but when you are lonely, find a reason to not be; get a hobby you enjoy, busy yourself with extra-curricular activities or events. Don't let yourself be sad over a few broken relationships, relax and enjoy what you have. And when the time comes for that special friendship, don't let it slip away easily. One thing that kept me going up through freshman year was that I never stopped looking forward to the future. Yeah, sometimes things don't go the way you anticipated, sometimes life just lets you down, but never let that change how you view your future. Hope you liked my little idea about starting High school.Be strong! ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ 

How did your first year of High school go? email me at soimaotsuka@gmail.com or comment below. ( ノ^ω^)ノ゚

I have actually been planning this before, but I am planning to ask for another author to join in my little idea blog, I will update you on details soon. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment